Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

INK REVIEW: Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher




HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!  Now on to the review....Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher.

Crazy name!  Do you know what it means? I have no idea

I like the color quite a bit - a dark steely tealy, yes? Still close enough to blue to be used in a professional setting, but not stodgy at all.

But look at the horrible feathering on the swab above. Granted - this was written on a cheap-o index card, but I do all of my swabs on the same cheap-o cards and none (at least to date) stand out quite like this.  

Even on the Hammermill paper, it's still feathering. 




I used Noodler's Flex Nib pen. I believe this was my first (maybe second) time using this pen and, I have to be honest, it was not a good experience. Flow from the pen was good, but it just wasn't what I expected (more on that another time, though).




Oh no..the water test. Yikes! No bueno, hm?   




Love the color. Do not love the performance.  Given that there are so many inks out there that are pretty, pretty and perform well, I won't buy a full-sized bottle of this one.

So, tell me - have you tried Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher? Do you love it? What does its name mean!

Oh! And November 2 is Fountain Pen Day!  Can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. BBK is a great ink, but it does want to feather in a wet pen, and that flex pen is definitely a wet pen! If you try it in something drier, then you'll find it works much better. Where BBK really shines though is with permanence, once it's on the paper, you will never remove it completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in, Brian.

    I'll need to give BBK another go with a different pen. I have a plan to standardize my ink tests so it's not so all-over-the-darned-place.

    ReplyDelete