Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

PEN REVIEW: Libelle Autumn Leaves



This pretty little number was a gift from a friend. I've had it for years - I'm guessing since 2005 or so - but have not used it much.

Love the variations in colors and the special look of the top/bottom. Nice.




A bit of translucency in the right light . . .



Sleek - with a great shape. Easy to hold. Well-balanced. Comfortable. Posted well.





The clip has a very art deco look to it, yes? Look at those swirls of color. Yummy.



This pen was part of a series from Libelle and has since been discontinued. These were not super-expensive pens - around $80 or so - and seem to be quite collectable now.

The only place I really spotted the "cheap" is in the threads - they aren't the very fine sort that I see in much more expensive pens. Not a big deal.

Mine is a medium nib.





And the $1,000,000 question: How did it write?

Beautifully. Smooth with just a bit of feedback. No scritchy-scratchy. Not to floaty over the paper. Just right.






A comfortable pen always make my handwriting look pretty. No hard starts, no skipping. Just right.




I used Noodler's Black Eel ink on Clairefontaine Triomphe paper.  The flow was perfect for me.

A great writing experience.

Suggest making the following recipe for fall football games. Also suggest moderating the amount of hot sauce.







Tell me what you're thinking? Love Libelle? Love hot sauce?  ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love that pen - having had the good luck of seeing it in person, I can attest that the colors are even more vibrant than they look! I didn't know what brand it was.. very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love writing with mine--which also has the medium nib. The cap has developed a crack at the base, where the threading is. This is my fault: years of abuse, being chucked into a backpack at the end of a long day in the office. Now I want to get that crack fixed, before it spreads the length of the cap, or splits in half.
    Tom in L.A.

    ReplyDelete