Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

INK REVIEW: Diamine - Syrah




Still recovering from the holidays here and wrapping up a few pre-scheduled reviews before diving into new and exciting things!

Syrah from Diamine is a berry nice shade. Kinda red-purple. Deep plum. And by now, everyone knows how I feel about "mixed shades" of ink. I'm not a huge fan.

Here's the ugly. Major fail. (Those of you who watch "How I Met Your Mother" may now salute. Those of you who have no clue about which I speak may also salute. Major Fail - get it?)  Anyway, major fail = water test. Even the tiny droplet test (where the "ro" in "from" should be) faded this color into nothingness.




I used a dip pen and Syrah performed well enough. No big complaints, but no big compliments either.

Look at that compare square?  I do think if the writer is looking for something dark, but different, this could work (as long as one never nears the water).

It was a little wet as you can see in the Smear Here - but not intolerable.


Overall, I'd give Syrah from Diamine a good solid C. It would work, but I'm not in love. In looking at other reviews after I wrote this one - this is a popular ink. People love it and its color. Consider me the dissenting reviewer.

Such a contrarian.

What do you think? Love it?


No comments:

Post a Comment