Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

INK REVIEW: Pilot Iroshizuku - Syo Ro




Another very pretty teal color from Pilot Iroshizuku.

Pricing is pretty much the same at $28 all over the place. When pricing is the same in all of my usual places, I generally go for the one that offers the best customer service (heck, I'll even pay a few dollars more for excellent customer service).

One thing I didn't mention in my other Pilot Iroshizuku reviews is how lovely the bottle is. Here's an image I dug up on Flickr from user InkyJournal. Gorgeous, yes? I can almost feel the coolness of the thick thick glass.





Still, I'm not going to invest in a full bottle of this ink. I'm holding out for something different - something with more bOOm bOOm pOw. Hopefully, I'll find that perfect ink - or have fun on the search.  Hahah..it's definitely the journey when it comes to inks.





Syo ro writes very well.  No problems with flow. Not much sheen. Decent saturation.  There's little feathering on my Hammermill Premium paper. And there's even a tiny bit of shading.

Dry time was perfectly acceptable.



I was surprised at how well it did on the water test. Not perfect, but not too bad for a non-black.






Wrapping things up...I like it, I don't love it.  I'm looking for love.

But don't take my word for it. Here's what others are saying about Syo ro:

Fountain Pen Network Review 1

Fountain Pen Network Review 2

No comments:

Post a Comment