Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

PEN REVIEW: Noodler's Ahab Flex Nib




First, I sincerely apologize for the background. I thought I'd experiment a bit and I'm the first to admit that this is one experiment that should not be repeated. I'm not even wild about pink - who knows what I was thinking!

Anyway. Noodler's Ahab Flex Nib!

Love...
...it's a demonstrator
...the filling mechanism - slide piston - fun and different

Indifferent....
...large ink capacity. I know this matters to some fountain pen users, but I like to change ink rather frequently so (at least in this instance) size doesn't matter
...can be used as an eyedropper pen with extra huge capacity. Again, I'm unlikely to take advantage of this feature

Meh....
..it's not the smoothest writing pen out there

Con...
..because of the resin used, Noodler's pens can have a...scent

Pro..
..this one didn't stink at all

Love....
..the price tag - just $20, yo

Disclaimer....
..it's a flex nib. I'm a total n00b when it comes to flex nibs. I didn't read the instructions (I'm pentulant like that)

Love...
..easy to disassemble
..easy to clean (big love!)
















A breather tube also comes with the pen. Where is mine? I don't know. Man, I hope I didn't throw it out. The tube helps the pen from "burping" out ink. I can't imagine what a mess that would be.

























It wrote well. I didn't clean it before using (pentulant), but that didn't seem to matter. Of course, you should clean yours.

I got mine from Goulet Pens. Even if you don't buy yours there, you should watch the videos that Brian has done. Very informative.  

Oh..what's my bottom line?  I like it, it's fun, I don't know that it's going to make it into my regular rotation. Indifferent - that's my bottom line.
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment