Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Ink Review: Pilot Iroshizuku Tsutsuji


A quickie look at Pilot Iorshizuku Tsutsuji this morning.

First thing's first - Tsutsuji means Azalea.  Does anyone know how to pronounce Tsutsuji? Help.

I LOVE this color. Look at the saturation.  Yow.  That is some screamin' bright IN YOUR FACE color!

It reminds me a bit of Momiji, but more purple and more saturated. And while you may not be able to tell from my scans, it's not at all like Diamine Flamingo Pink. Flamingo has a bit of orange in it.

Tsutsuji is a great ink - the color and saturation are just part of that.  It writes beautifully and is well-behaved on a variety of papers.  There is zero (zero!!) smearing.  It doesn't resist water very well, but this is one of those colors that typically don't do well with water.  (I forgot to do the highlight thing - oops.)

Looking for a pink ink that leans to purple - Tsutsuji is just that. How would you use this color?  I definitely have no practical use for it - but that doesn't matter!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! I am smitten with this color. Looks beautiful in clear pens too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping in, Azizzah. I loooove demonstrator pens. Big love.

    ReplyDelete