Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

INK REVIEW: Diamine Sunset

Diamine Sunset Ink Swab

Anyone who has been here for awhile knows how much I love a bold bright ink. Diamine Sunset certainly seems to fit that bill, though the red-orange color isn't quite enough to cover the dots on the Rhodia paper I was using. 

Diamine Sunset Writing Sample with Lamy Safari (B)


Add in a a little bit of shading and it just might be love.




Er.  What is this?  A B C D E F G . . .






I usually use an ink for a week or so before posting the review, but the hard starting continued throughout the first day and I couldn't stand it. 

My initial thought was that the ink must be more dry than others. I was using a Lamy Safari - Broad nib - and rarely have trouble with them. I'm fastidious about cleaning my pens, so I doubt that's the issue.

Here are some other reviews for the same ink...

Fountain Pen Network - "flow for this ink seems high"  (Uh. Oh.)

Fountain Pen Network - "a nice flowing orange"  (Hmm.)

Goulet Pens Reviews - "it is a very dry ink" (Interesting!) and "...made the pen skip quite a bit" (Ah Ha!)


So..what about you? Have you tried Diamine Sunset?  What was your experience?



Click for Full-Size







Click for Full-Size




No comments:

Post a Comment