Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

INK REVIEW: Sailor Jentle Yama-dori


Sailor Jentle Yama-dori Fountain Pen Ink Review


I generally try to avoid reading much about inks before I have the opportunity to try them for myself. I want my opinion to definitely be my own and not influenced by others as much as possible.

That was impossible with Yama-dori. This ink has superstar status over on Fountain Pen Network. Even before the ink was re-released, there was chatter about how amazing it is - it sheens, it shades, it's perfect! Gotta get me some of that!





I got mine from JetPens with pennies from my own piggy bank. It's listed at $20 there. Looks like it can be had for a buck or two less at some other online stores.



There are things I really like about Yama-dori. It sheens, it shades, it flows really well. It passed the smear and highlight tests with flying colors.




Yama-dori is my E.T. of inks. Let me explain . . .

Waaaay back when the movie E.T. (you know, the Extra-Terristrial) came out in theaters, it was the Must See movie. OMG, gotta see it. What, you haven't seen it?  You don't know what you're missing!  Best. Movie. Ever.

The build-up was just so much that there was practically no way the E.T. was going to meet my expectations. And it didn't. I mean, it was ok.

And that's kind of where I am with Yama-dori. It's good. It's nice. I like it. But am I coco-crazy-go-nutters for it?  Nah.




I'll be back tomorrow (a rare Tuesday post!) with more show and tell on Yama-dori.  (How is that for a tease?)

In the meantime, check out the full review (click here for the full-size image - it's huge), and tell me what you think.  Do you love Yama-dori?  Do you have an E.T. ink?








No comments:

Post a Comment