Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

FOUND AROUND FRIDAY: Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Edition

Waterman Expert c.1980s


After tossing all of the wonderful entries up into the air, Onder C was randomly selected as the big winner of the $50 gift certificate. As you probably remember, Onder can choose a $50 gift certificate from either Amazon or Goulet Pens.  Thank you for playing and keep an eye out for future giveaways!

Some small news items for you . . .

I've owned Pentulant.com for quite sometime, but only recently got it set up. This means that instead of going to the Blogger URL, you can just come directly to Pentulant.com and see everything. Go ahead, check it out, click the link. Fun, right? My hope is to have a redesigned site sometime around the beginning of January - we'll see how that goes ;)

I'm listed on Pennaquod. It's a search thingy powered by Google just for pen nerds and their blogs. My stuff doesn't come up very often - sounds like it's a Blogger thing and hopefully that will be fixed when I move to my own site.

TWSBI has re-released their Classic Fountain Pen. Gorgeous pens and now able to be posted. I asked on Instagram and I'm told that there will be a kit available for those of us who bought the unpostable (it's a word!) version. I'll be first in line for that kit, yo.

I ordered a Hobonichi 2015 Planner and cover earlier this week. I'm not 100% sure it's going to work for me - doesn't the show-through of Tomoe River Paper make it difficult to use? Brush Dance Planners (120 gsm paper!) and Date Books (not as fountain pen friendly) are super-nice and I use them all day, everyday. (I'm the president of Brush Dance, but they are really terrific items.)


Annnnnd here's what I've been reading this week . . .

Mr. Mike Dudek of The Clicky Post shows us the Pilot Murex with an integrated nib.  Love.

FP Physicist reviewed a Quiver - she wasn't crazy about it.

Gourmet Pens took an in-depth look at the Taccia Savanna. It's made of BUFFALO HORN! Who knew!

Inkdependence shows off the Franklin-Christoph music nib. I want. I don't like stubs. I want. I really thought it would be more - it's $35.

Annnnnnd....I'm still fascinated with The Impulsive Buy. It's just so...wrong.

Some of my most recent posts over on Instragram for your viewing pleasure . . .




Noodler's Liberty's Elysium . . . 


Montblanc's newest inky release - Daniel Defoe - Palm Green . . . 





Hanging on to summer with some sweet Lamy Safari Fountain Pens . . . 



That's it from me this week!

What have you been reading?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a cool milestone, thanks for giveaway, and congrats to Onder!

    I am reding, "The Zero," by Jess Walter. Demanding, but rewarding, and EASILY the best fiction born out of 9/11. (on par with Don DeLillo's "Falling Man: A Novel."

    LOVE your site.

    p.s. NEVER adhere to the status quo by relegating yourself to the words of others, like, say, Webster's Dictionary; be adamant about your word being a NEOLOGISM. They make you do it in grad school, why not real life?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered a Hobonichi too! I find that the show through from TR is not as bad as it seems at first. Once you fill up a few pages all the show through kind of forms a background "white noise" and it's not a big deal. I don't plan to use mine like a crazy scrapbook like some people - I've seen some pictures where it has like quadrupled in size from all the crap people glue in there. What are you going to use yours for? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw on your tumblr that you'd ordered the Hobonichi! I think we must have ordered the same day. I received a message this morning that it shipped.

      As Im in the calendar business, I am always checking out items from other makers. Can't wait to try with Tomoe River paper - and no, mine will not end up stuffed beyond belief. Haha

      Delete