Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

INK REVIEW: Pilot Iroshizuku - Shin Ryoku




Initial Thoughts
Here we have Shin-ryoku from Pilot Iroshizuku. My first ink review! Wooooo!

How pretty!

Maybe a little too blue if one is searching for a pure green ink. Shin-ryoku apparently translates to Forest Green - if this is the case, the color is most definitely not dark or saturated enough.

But really pretty just the same.


Pricing
$28 all over the place.






This was my first experience with a Pilot Iroshizuku ink. Other than not loving the color (purely a matter of my good taste, I assure you), I had no complaints. It wrote wonderfully in my TWSBI Diamond 540. No skipping, not too wet/dry. Saturation was a little light for me, but definitely sufficient. Too bad there wasn't more shading.

Some feathering when it's examined very close up on this mid-quality paper. But really - in person, it was barely noticeable. 




Mm...doesn't really pass the water test, but it's not the worst I've ever seen.







Overall, this is a nice quality ink and it wrote very well in my pen. I didn't fall in love with it and I won't be buying a full bottle, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to try it out.  

Looking for more reviews?  Try these...




No comments:

Post a Comment